Content Marketing Manager
Who we are
We’re engineers, unifying employers and hourly workers to create an hourly-work space that works for everyone. This starts with recruiting and retaining employees. On the recruiting side, we help our customers re-engage the people they already know – past applicants and former employees – which is a critical need in this understaffed world and often translates to doubling their application flow. On the retention side, we uncover what matters most to our customers’ employees, automate check-ins and deliver actionable insights to improve their workplace. Simply said: We are employers’ people strategy in an understaffed world.
Our products are in high demand, we are growing quickly and driving towards becoming the Human Resources category leader for how companies improve an employee’s experience from initial job awareness through their employment journey.
We are transforming hourly work by restoring the ideals of the American Dream, rooted in affording everyone the opportunity to earn, find personal satisfaction and save. Our brand is proudly rooted in entrepreneurialism and our attributes are an acronym for ASPIRE: autonomy, smart work, pride, informative, relationships and equity.
Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, HourWork is seeking a Content Manager to own the company’s thought leadership editorial calendar along with the production of these materials, as well as content for marketing campaigns, bottom funnel content and customer marketing materials. This is a high visibility role that will develop the company’s voice, provide essential materials for demand generation efforts and position HourWork as the go-to thought leader on the evolution of the hourly work economy. This is an excellent opportunity for a writing/journalism professional that prefers creative latitude, the ability to force multiply their productivity with freelancers and is interested in exploring a career in the B2B technology marketing field.
- With input from HourWork’s thought leaders, sales and customer success teams, own and develop the company’s thought leadership editorial calendar
- Continue to develop the company’s voice with collaboration from the Senior Director of Brand and ensure consistency across all prospect and customer facing content
- Produce materials spanning multiple forms of media (e.g. video, podcast, infographics, guides, etc)
- Working close with the demand generation team, provide copy for demand generation efforts (e.g. marketing emails))
- Own the companies website copy, SEO strategy and blog
- To produce the most comprehensive and compelling library of thought leadership available on the subject of the future of hourly work.
- 3+ years of experience as a journalist writing for trade press publications/ business publications or as a content writer at a software company
- Experience developing scripts for videos or podcasts
- Excellent writing skills
- Skilled in interviewing subject matter experts
- Deliverable oriented – ability to work with deadlines
- WordPress skills
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience producing video content start to finish
- A network of freelance writers
- Experience in the Human Capital Management or Workforce Management software categories or restaurant technologies
- Familiarity with the quick serve restaurant industry or franchise business models
At HourWork, we have a transparent equity and salary policy because we take pride in ensuring all of our colleagues are compensated commensurate with experience. Our methodology is transparent and discussed during onboarding (and questions are always welcome).
- $83,000 – $93,000
- Stock Options
- Unlimited Vacation (No, really. Please take your vacation.)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Basic Life, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- 401k & HSA available