Director of Product Marketing
Who We Are
We’re engineers, unifying employers and hourly workers to create an hourly-work space that works for everyone. This starts with recruiting and retaining employees. On the recruiting side, we help our customers re-engage the people they already know – past applicants and former employees – which is a critical need in this understaffed world and often translates to doubling their application flow. On the retention side, we uncover what matters most to our customers’ employees, automate check-ins and deliver actionable insights to improve their workplace. Simply said: We are employers’ people strategy in an understaffed world.
Our products are in high demand, we are growing quickly and driving towards becoming the Human Resources category leader for how companies improve an employee’s experience from initial job awareness through their employment journey.
We are transforming hourly work by restoring the ideals of the American Dream, rooted in affording everyone the opportunity to earn, find personal satisfaction and save. Our brand is proudly rooted in entrepreneurialism and our attributes are an acronym for ASPIRE: autonomy, smart work, pride, informative, relationships and equity.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Product Marketing is the “keeper” of HourWork’s messaging and the source of the thinking and language that the company uses to articulate this message. The role will become an expert in HourWork’s target markets, own thought leadership strategy/content production, enable the company’s sales and customer success teams and oversee product and feature launches. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned SaaS product marketing professional with experience building out/leading a team, implementing processes and crafting compelling messaging for an emerging category.
- Develop a deep understanding of the decision makers and competitors in the markets HourWork serves, and work closely with thought leaders in the company to synthesize information and insights to develop compelling messaging
- Develop, own, and execute against HourWork’s thought leadership editorial calendar using input from sales, product management and company executives
- Work with sales to define HourWork’s prospect universe both in the company’s current and future markets, and produce sales enablement materials
- Provide copy and messaging for the Demand Generation team’s campaigns
- Work closely with the Customer Success Team to develop a communication strategy and content to cultivate HourWork’s customer base with the goal of meeting customer retention targets and increasing upsells
- Envision, manage and execute on HourWork’s “Mega” awareness projects. These are large scale ambitious projects designed to achieve rapid, widespread awareness of HourWork and elevate the company’s brand
- Work closely with Product Management to manage and execute product launches
Enable HourWork’s Product Management, Demand Generation, Sales and Customer Success teams with compelling messaging and materials that drive revenue growth and awareness. Become the company’s source of insights into target markets, buyers and competitors.
- 7-10 years of product marketing experience at early to mid-stage SaaS companies in the Human Capital Management, Workforce Management or Frontline Digital Workplace categories
- Experience in building and managing a team
- Robust research and information synthesis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling copy and produce thought leadership pieces that span multiple forms of media (video, written materials, etc)
- Experience in bringing existing products into adjacent verticals
- Intellectual curiosity and high capacity to engage in “deep” work
- Previous experience in bringing technologies to market that are designed to enable hourly employees
- Direct experience with food service or hospitality industries
- Experience marketing restaurant technologies
Compensation & Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation (No, really. Please take your vacation.)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Basic Life, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- 401k & HSA available